Sunday, June 27, 2010

Got our friends, got the night, We'll Be Alright.

(Singles are italicized, recommendations are in red.)

When I first heard the song "Billionaire" about 3 months ago, I thought Bruno Mars (the guy who sings the chorus of the song) was Travie. I never paid much attention to the song, and I realized Travie was the rapper when heard it on the radio one day and found it to be pretty catchy. Then in May I went to a concert with 3OH!3, Cobra Starship, I Fight Dragons, and Travie McCoy. There was still a month to go before Lazarus' release, so I was excited when he performed 3 or 4 songs from the album. It was at that moment I decided I would get the album as soon as it came out, and that's exactly what I did.

1. Dr. Feelgood (featuring Cee-Lo Green) - Awesome album opener! It's upbeat, and guaranteed to become an instant favorite.

2. Superbad [11:34] - This song is unique in that it's got somewhat of a rock feel to it, and I like it a lot!

3. Billionaire (featuring Bruno Mars) - Who hasn't heard this one? It's still worth the listen once in a while, but after a few listens, it's safe to skip this one.

4. Need You - I'm not sure if I like this one too much. It's just kinda boring and repetitive, and the chorus is annoying.

5. Critical (featuring Tim William) - It's a slight improvement over track 4, but not much, as it's also got an annoying chorus that won't leave your head.

6. AKidAgain - For a while, this was one of my favorites from the album, but after a while you get somewhat sick of it.

7. We'll Be Alright - This is, without a doubt, the party anthem on the album. It ties with "Superbad (11:34)" as my favorite on the album.

8. The Manual (featuring T-Pain and Young Cash) - I usually skip this one mainly because I can't stand T-Pain. It's a shame, it would have been a killer song if T-Pain was replaced by someone who didn't need a machine to sing for them.

9. After Midnight - This feels freakishly similar to "We'll Be Alright", but that doesn't bother me, because it's still a great song.

10. Don't Pretend (featuring Colin Munroe) - I was a little put off by the strange chipmunk - like vocals at the beginning and throughout the song, but it grew on me. It's a dark, sad song with a rockish feel to it. Very good.

11. Ms. Tattoo Girl (featuring T-Pain) (iTunes Exclusive Bonus Track) - A slight improvement over the other song that had T-Pain in it, but it's still T-Pain.

12. She Did It (iTunes Exclusive Bonus Track) - Nothing special, just somewhat boring.

No comments:

Post a Comment